Admission Procedure for Local Student:
Admission to the Prime Medical College is through 1st year. Admission is based on the merit list position acquired in admission test conducted by the DGHS. In Prime Medical College the 10th Batch will be admitted in 2017-18 session.
Eligibility of local students for admission test:
- The applicant must be a Bangladeshi Citizen
- Passed SSC or Equivalent examination in 2014 or 2015 and HSC or equivalent in 2016 or 2017 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Must have a minimum combined GPA 9.0, an individual minimum GPA 3.5 and minimum GPA 3.5 in Biology at HSC.
‘O’ and ‘A’ level examination candidates should submit equivalence certificates from the Director General of Health Services, Govt. of Bangladesh, along with the application.
Selection Process :
Admission test conducted by the DGHS. Selection is based on three items-
- SSC GPA.15 = 75
- HSC GPA.25 = 125
- Admission Test = 100
- Total = 300
Eligibility for admission :
Students having at least 40 mark in written medical college entrance examination are eligible for admission in MBBS course.
Application Process for Admission:
Prospectus and Application Form are available from college office on payment of Tk. 1000/- during the time period (decided by DGHS) between 8:00 am-4.00 pm.
Filled –in application form by own hand writing should be submitted to college student section during the office hours.
The following documents are to be submitted along with the application:
- Student copy of online Application.
- Copy of Admit card of MBBS Admission test.
- Copy of result of MBBS admission test.
- Attested photocopy of certificate & Transcript of S.S.C/Equivalent exam.
- Attested photocopy of certificate & Transcript of H.S.C/Equivalent exam.
- Attested photocopy of Testimonials both from school & college.
- Attested recent Photograph 4 copies (pp size) & 3 copies(stamp size).
- Receipt of Application fees.
- Attested photocopy of Nationality certificate from Mayor/Chairman of City Corporation/ Pourashova/ Union Parishad.
- Financial ability certificate of Parent/Guardian.
- Photocopy of Freedom-Fighter / Tribal Certificate (if applicable).
- ‘O’ level & ‘A’ level / Equal mark sheets Equivalence Certificate from the DGHS.
N.B : Original copies of the above mentioned must be submitted at the time of admission
Admission to the Course:
Selected candidates shall have to report to the College administration for admission as per the specified date and time. The vacant seats will be filled up filled up from the candidates in waiting list (In case of failure in admission by the selected candidates within the stipulated date and time.
Candidates qualified for admission will be examined by a board of Medical specialists of the Prime Medical College. Candidates found unfit are barred from admission.
- 5% seat is reserved for poor & scholar students.
- 50% seats are reserved for foreign students.
- 2% seats reserved for Freedom fighters dependents.